A "text only" version is available for users with slower internet connections.
Misoprostol for Treatment of Incomplete Abortion: A Training Guide
This tool was developed for program planners and trainers of clinical providers who are interested in the introduction of misoprostol for incomplete abortion services. It describes evidence-based regimens and practical considerations for introducing the method as part of postabortion care services, especially as related to low-resource settings.
The training guide offers a range of ways to prepare health care providers to introduce the method, including detailed information on
• Efficacy, safety and acceptability;
• Eligibility criteria and precautions;
• Dosing, timing and routes of administration;
• Visit schedule and management of complications;
• Counseling and information provision;
• Integration of misoprostol into existing postabortion care (PAC) services
The guide includes a CD-ROM to guide delivery of didactic information, including a series of PowerPoint presentations. The slide sets can be found at the end of the PDFs.