Women Deliver 2019 Pre-congress session: Putting the Power in Women's Hands
- June 2nd, 2019
- Vancouver Convention Center, Room 114-115
Join the Abortion and Post-abortion Care Consortium (APACC) and International Planned Parenthood Federation at Women Deliver 2019 for a pre-congress session "Putting the Power in Women's Hands: Paving the Path to Self-Managed Abortion for Greater Access and Choice".
Gynuity's Rasha Dabash will present on “Paving the path to medical abortion self-use: Current evidence/models and future strategies”
Click here to register.
Session description and activities:
Women face numerous barriers in accessing facility-based abortion care, and the increasing availability of medical abortion has strengthened women's autonomy in abortion access outside a facility. Join us for this interactive session that will explore personal beliefs and the evolving evidence/ global models that are helping increase access to medical abortion, including in restricted settings. Hear global case studies and experiences including Profamilia/Colombia and Reproductive Health Uganda's experience of expanding access to medical abortion for underserved communities. Engage in discussion with us about this trend which is opening new opportunities and pathways for safe abortion. We will also discuss how the SRHR community can support this empowering women-centered movement while still working to improve access to facility-based abortion care.
- Presentation by Marta Royo, Executive Director of Profamilia/Colombia
- Presentation by Dr. Martin Migombano, IPPF Africa Regional Office
- Understanding Barriers- Photovoice Project Presentation
- VCAT Activity- Comfort Continuum
- Paving the Path to Self-Managed Medical Abortion: current evidence/models and future strategies-by Rasha Dabash, Senior Director, Gynuity Health Projects
- MA Self- Use Case Studies
- Group Discussions